Tuesday, December 2, 2014

It's That time of the Year for Antique Dolls!

When I was about six, and sitting on Santa's knee began to mean something, I would wait in line with all the other kids, but with a request that was a little different.  I didn't want a Mystery Date game, the latest Barbie, or walkie-talkies.  I always asked for an antique doll, usually a china head.  Poor Santa wasn't really sure what to say, but I got an extra candy cane for most original request.  I remember one year when Santa gave my folks a pleading look; they just shrugged.  Imagaine my joy and surprise when I got a very large china head, a "low brow," but still a china head, with a wardrobe that my mother sewed for her. I'm not sure how common it is for 8 year olds to faint, but I almost did.


Old dolls of various types seemed to appear under the tree regularly after that year.


As you spend time with your family and friends this Christmas, think back to a special doll you got as a present.  Share your memories as comments to our blog, or our Facebook Site, Antique Doll Collector Magazine, or our Page, Antique Doll Collector Magazine.


Happy Holidays from everyone at Antique Doll Collector Magazine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment