Saturday, January 3, 2015

Theriault's to Auction a Grouping of Chloe Preston Figures; Mary Hillier would be There if she Could!

Among the lots to be auctioned by Theriault's in their Cotillion Auction next weekend is a group of bisque Chloe Preston figures. These mean a lot to me because my dear friend, the late Mary Hillier, finished and published a book on Chloe Preston and her work right before she died on Valentine's Day, 1999. A few weeks before, she sent me a copy of an article she had written on antique valentines,which she loved.  Mary was very proud of her Preston book; she enjoyed writing it, and thought it was among her best work.  I like to think that this little grouping of Chloe Preston dolls is a sort of memorial to my friend, noted doll author and collector, Mary Palmer Hillier. Happy Doll Collecting and Bidding!

Photo by Theriault's. Chloe Preston Designed these Velvet Dinkie Dogs, Shown with
 an Orsini and small Googley

No comments:

Post a Comment