Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A Tribute to Pat Vaillancourt

Our good friend, noted doll dealer, collector, and advertiser in ADC, Patricia Vaillancourt, passed away just before Christmas.  Pat told me that she had been collecting dolls since age 10, and she was the co-creator of the popular Facebook group, Antique Dolls by Dolls Antique.  Pat truly loved the doll world, and was charming, friendly, quick witted, and knowledgeable.  I will miss her very much, and she will live for me again each time I flip through the pages of Antique Doll Collector Magazine.
The c. 1860 rubber doll shown here used to be in Pat's collection, and I bought it from her some years ago.  I love her so much, that I used her photo on one of my own books on dolls.  RIP, Pat, and say hello to our other good friends who preceded you to doll heaven, including Mary Hillier, and John Axe.



1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Pat personally, other than buying the occasional doll from her, but I will always remember her very fondly as the person I bought my first Izannah Walker from. So sorry to hear of her passing...

    ReplyDelete